The Ambassadors Committee is a dynamic group of young professionals which serves as a committee of the board of directors of First Tee – Cleveland. The Ambassadors support the mission of the organization through fundraising activities, community outreach and volunteer service. The group formed in 2013, and there are currently more than 60 active members. Each member signs a give/get agreement to make a personal donation as well as help secure additional funds, either corporate or individual, through events and other efforts.
The Ambassadors sign a Statement of Expectations which includes a pledge to:
• Commit to the vision, mission and Strategic Plan of First Tee – Cleveland
• Exemplify the Nine Core Values of the First Tee
• Attend at least 50% of Ambassadors Committee general meetings and events
• Attend annual Ambassadors Committee retreat
• Serve on and regularly attend the meetings of at least one of the standing Committees
• Actively participate in the planning/execution of at least one Ambassadors fundraising event, volunteer for at least one
Program Participation event, or assist the Main Board in the planning/execution of at least one Main Board fundraising event
• Participate or observe in a Program session once in the first year of the Ambassadors Committee term and as often as
possible thereafter. We encourage Committee members to be background screened and enter the Coaching process.
• Help communicate and promote the mission of First Tee – Cleveland
• Provide feedback from the community to First Tee – Cleveland
• Serve as a liaison with relevant constituencies / sectors of the community.