Washington Golf, Newburgh Heights
August 3, 2020
Hello Families of the First Tee of Cleveland!
We are so excited to announce our “Back to Golf” Fall sessions, which will be published on Wednesday August 12th, 2020, 10:00 a.m. Back To Golf Fall Session 2020
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, First Tee of Cleveland has adjusted our class offerings, sizes, and protocols to create the safest, most fun learning environment possible! Attached is a program flier of our new class offerings and our safety/cleanliness protocols for our coaches, participants, and equipment.
Most of our class sizes will be a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 12 participants with three coaches per class; except for our Mighty Mite classes which will remain at a minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 participants. Classes are one hour in length and a 30 minute window between classes to avoid clustering and sanitation of equipment.
Our commitment is to provide a meaningful, on course experience that is fun and safe for everyone involved. We have worked with our board of directors, county board of health, and government best practices to create practical safety and cleanliness protocols.
In addition to our physical classes, we are excited to continue our virtual classes with fun activities for participant and their families! With this blended approach, we will provide programs to anyone and everyone who wants to participate.
Attached are our cleanliness protocols and waiver to review. We are asking caring adults to sign the waivers during check in. First Tee Of Cleveland Safety And Cleanliness Protocol Participant Waiver 06 08 20 First Tee Of Cleveland Safety And Cleanliness Protocol
- Check in will take place in the picnic area closest to the parking lot. We ask parents escort their golfer to the coaches for check in procedures.
- Once checked in, participants will gather in the designated area and we will begin class.
- Please bring a face covering and water bottle for your participants. If you need those items, we will have them available for your children. We will also have hats for participants as well.
- If, for medical reasons (asthma, lung issues, etc.), wearing a face covering isn’t recommended, we will not require the participant to wear the face covering during class. No doctors note needed, we will rely on the honesty and integrity of the caring adults.
- Due to new safety regulations, we are not able to perform any inside programs. If we experience rainy weather, we must cancel the class. We are using a program called Text Magic to help quickly and efficiently send everyone a text regarding cancelations. During check in, please confirm/update/add an additional cell number to ensure we reach everyone.
We greatly appreciate your patience with us as we adjust to a new way of conducting classes. Above all we are working to provide the most fun and safe experience for your young people as possible. The following link is a fun video that our staff made to demonstrate how to safely check in for classes – enjoy!
If your child is interested in making friends, being outside, learning about golf, improving golf skills, or having fun, then we are the program for you!
Through safe, trained coaches, participants will learn all about our Nine Core Values, our Nine Healthy Habits, and our robust Life Skills seamlessly through their lessons at The First Tee of Cleveland.
No equipment is needed as we will provide everything a young person needs to learn and enjoy the great game of golf — including their very own golf shirt and hat! Participants have access to the par 3 golf course, driving range, chipping and putting practice areas. Our facility has an indoor classroom and golf simulator for year round programming. The schedule is listed below. Please arrive 10 minutes before class start time to ensure an on time start.
- We welcome young people ages 6-18
- Saturday classes held at Washington Golf only
- Scholarships are available; inquire at The First Tee office.
TO REGISTER FOR 2020 PROGRAMS:
Select “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” and proceed as directed. Note that you will be required to submit payment in order to complete registration.
Under “LOG IN” click “Forgot password?” and enter your email address (parent/guardian email). See your email message to click on the link to establish your account and proceed with registration. Note that you will be required to submit payment in order to complete registration.
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS for returning participants:
Click Registration button below.
From the login page, click “Forgot Password?” hyperlink.
Enter your login email address: <enter email address> and click Submit.
Open your email and click on the new hyperlink provided to set up a new password.
You may now register for 2020 Sessions
If you have any questions about our program or if you’re unable to register online, please call our office for assistance: (216) 641-7799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org