2020 Program Schedule for MEADOWOOD GOLF COURSE, WESTLAKE
The program is located at Meadowood Golf, 29800 Center Ridge Road, Westlake, OH 44145. Playing It Safe Summer Session 2020 Mw
The First Tee of Cleveland is pleased to announce the 2020 program line-up! We invite kids and teens from across Greater Cleveland to participate in fun and friendship on the fairways! While learning to play golf and having fun, participants ages 6-18 learn to appreciate diversity, introduce themselves, manage emotions, resolve conflicts and set step-by-step goals in our year round programming.
Through safe, trained coaches, participants will learn all about our Nine Core Values, our Nine Healthy Habits, and our robust Life Skills seamlessly through their lessons at The First Tee of Cleveland.
No equipment is needed as we will provide everything a young person needs to learn and enjoy the great game of golf — including their very own golf shirt and hat! The schedule is listed below. Please arrive 10 minutes before class start time to ensure an on time start.
- Summer Session: June 8 – August 1st (no classes June 28-July 4)
- Fall Session: September 8 – October 24
Late Fall Session: November 7 – December 5 (Saturday only, Washington Golf)
Ready to Register? You must register with The City of Westlake Recreation Department directly.
You may browse the City of Westlake’s website as a guest but must sign in to register for activities. Recreation Center members and those who have participated in programs prior to today, have an online account. Your user name is your phone number (all 10 digits- no dashes.. i.e. 4401234567) and the temporary password is your last name starting with a capital letter. If you have forgotten your user name and/or password, please email us at email@example.com. Registration for all First Tee of Cleveland programs due to start in April 2020 or later will be held on January 7th.
Those who are new to our department, will need to complete the New Household Form and submit via email. It may take 24-48 hours to process your request.
If you are unable to locate a particular activity, please go to the Event Calendar on City of Westlake’s website to search.
Have questions? Please call The City of Westlake’s recreation department at (440)808-5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org or The First Tee at: (216) 641-7799 or email email@example.com
- All classes (except Mighty Mites) will be 1 hour in length.
- No classes June 28 – July 4 and November 28.
- Birdie/Eagle/Ace sessions take place only at Washington Golf Course (Wednesdays and Saturdays).
- End of Summer Tent Sale and Participant Celebration: Saturday, August 8, Washington Golf Course in Newburgh Heights
What a great response from many of you excited about taking advantage of these “Social Distance Spring” lesson plans. I wanted to clarify a few points for everyone.
- All are welcome to participate! A previous registration isn’t required. We wanted to share the fun with all 2020 registered kids and all families who registered in 2019!
- There is no fee to participate and you don’t have to fill out any forms to sign up. Simply email me the names of the children participating so I can add them to the raffle drawing for our gift pack!
- If you are unable to participate right now, no worries, feel free to jump in anytime!
Remember – please continue to submit your videos of how you #GolfAtHome and show your core values. We hope to post content on social media daily! Please submit videos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/X31EkAhazN5uBKog6
For those of you who have paid for the spring session at Washington, Briardale, or Grantwood; you can get a refund or you can apply that enrollment fee as a donation to help sustain our programming. For those that signed up through Meadowood and the Westlake rec center, you will receive a refund of your enrollment fee from the rec department directly.
For those that do want a refund, please be patient with us as we will issue you a physical check for your enrollment fee less a $5 administrative processing fee . These checks are completed at our offices and once we are able to return to our office space, we can create and mail those checks we anticipate having refund checks completed by Mid-May.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we look forward to a fun Spring!
Coach Brian, Coach David and the TFTC staff